There are quite a few things that set the iPhone 8 Plus apart from its sibling, the iPhone 12 Pro Max. They have similar features but many other factors to consider when choosing which one to buy.
You may be wondering what those factors are and if they will make a difference in your decision. This comparison is purely based on both phones’ size and build quality.
Size Comparison: iPhone 8 Plus vs. iPhone 12 Pro Max, Which one is bigger?
In terms of length and width, the iPhone 8 Plus is 5.5-inches x 2.8-inches wide. On the other hand, the iPhone 12 Pro Max comes in at a larger 6.4-inches by 3 inches wide. This difference alone may sway your decision towards the larger of the two phones.
iPhone 8 Plus vs. iPhone 12 Pro Max. Which One Is Heavier?
The iPhone 12 Pro Max weighs in at 7.34 ounces, and the iPhone 8 weighs in at just under 6 ounces, making it 0.2 pounds lighter than its older model. They both have glass on the front and back and metal edges. The only other difference in weight comes from the camera on the back. Both phones have a 12-megapixel camera, but it is heavier on the iPhone 8 Plus at 1.4 ounces, while the 12 Pro Max is 1 ounce only.
iPhone 8 Plus vs. iPhone 12 Pro Max, Front View
The front view of both phones is pretty much the same, with slight variations in style depending on which model you choose. The max is less flashy than the other models, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t beautiful! It still has that Apple feel and comes in three colors: silver, space grey, and gold.
iPhone 8 Plus vs. iPhone 12 Pro Max, Side View
The side view of both phones is pretty much the same as well. Apple-designed these models with a very sleek and stylish design in mind, making them feel excellent in hand! With that said, some people prefer a phone with less rounded edges, and it’s a matter of personal preference.
5 things that make iPhone 8 plus better in terms of size and build quality
1. It is slightly smaller than the max while still having a screen size of 5.5 inches!
2. The 8 Plus feels sturdier in hand! Although both models come with a glass back, something about metal makes it feel more durable.
3. The iPhone 8 Plus is much easier to hold with one hand than the iPhone 12 Pro Max. This is because the 8 Plus has curved edges around its back, making it look like a sleek and shiny pebble in your hand!
4. The 8 Plus comes in only one color, making it less flashy than the other models.
5. Last but not least, the 8 Plus comes in gold. I know that might not be an essential factor for everyone, but it is something to consider if you prefer to have a classy-looking phone!
3 things that make iPhone 12 pro max better in terms of size:
1. The iPhone 12 Pro Max is more significant than the 8 Plus but smaller than most Android phones! It has a 5.8-inch screen and still manages to be almost as compact as the iPhone 8 Plus!
You can thank Apple for that, and they always find a way to make their phones compact without sacrificing features!
2. The iPhone 12 Pro Max does not have curved edges around its back, which makes it easier to hold than the 8 Plus with one hand. For some reason, glass tends to be more slippery than metal, so having those straight edges helps!
3. The Max is slightly bigger than the 8 Plus, so this might be something to consider if you are concerned about having a big phone.
You can’t decide which one is better in terms of size only. So, let’s compare the processor, performance, and other phones’ features.
iPhone 8 Plus Vs. iPhone 12 Pro Max: Which One Is More Powerful?
- The iPhone 12 Pro Max comes with an A13 chip, the most powerful processor ever in an iPhone.
- As for the 8 Plus, it doesn’t have a lousy processor either! It’s still pretty new, so its performance isn’t quite at the max level yet but is expected to catch up soon enough!
- One thing to remember is that the 8 Plus has a different chip from the 12 Pro Max, which means it will perform differently.
Features comparison between iPhone 8 Plus vs. iPhone 12 Pro Max:
1. As for the camera, both phones have dual cameras, but they’re not the same! The iPhone 8 Plus has a regular wide-angle lens and a telephoto lens for zooming.
2. The iPhone 12 Pro Max has a wide-angle lens and an ultra-wide-angle lens! That might not seem like a big difference on paper, but it is in actual life usage! In addition, the ultra-wide-angle can give you a lot more flexibility in the kinds of shots you can get!
3. The front cameras are also not the same on both models. The 8 Plus comes with a 7 MP regular selfie camera, while the 12 Pro Max has a much better 7 MP TrueDepth sensor for capturing high-quality selfies and portrait mode!
4. It’s worth mentioning that the iPhone 8 Plus does not come with a headphone jack, while the 12 Pro Max still has one.
5. The max is also slightly better in battery life than the 8 Plus! It has a 3,174 mAh battery than the 8 Plus’s 2,675 mAh! Once again, this might not seem like a big difference, but it makes a difference, especially if you are constantly on your phone or playing videos/games.
6. Both models support wireless charging; however, the max supports fast Charging through wireless which means it will take much less time to charge than the 8 Plus.
Both the 8 Plus and 12 Pro Max are great phones, depending on your preference! Unfortunately, the iPhone 12 Pro Max comes in only one color, while the 8 Plus has gold as an option.
If you prefer curved edges around your phone, then go with the 8 Plus but if simple straight edges are what you’re looking for, then choose the 12 Pro Max! And if you want a compact phone with sizeable screen size, then either one will do!
Image Source: Freepik